- Download and install python 2.7 form the python website
- You will need to install oath2-1.5.211 in order to access the twitter stream. Download here
- Install the new library by navigating to the directory of the file "setup.py" inside the oarth2 folder in the command line and typing: sudo python setup.py install (enter your password when prompted)
- I received an error at this point complaining about not being able to locate the setuptools package. If you also see this error, use the following steps to rectify:
- Search for and download setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg
- In the command line run
- Once the setuptools has been installed, try the installation of the oath2-1.5.211
- Follow the rest of the directions as outlined on the course website.
Hope this helps anyone who had trouble!