Sunday, May 19, 2013
Finally a solid scifi concept that balances fun, action, and philosophy into a visually amazing package. The bonus? It is accessible to people who adhere to accepted hygiene practice's, and have plans for the weekend that don't involve the words "game" and "workshop". A solid movie- looking forward to seeing it once more.
I am participating in the data science course, freely available at coursera.com. I wanted to set up the environment on my mac, and bypass the virtual machine environment (I hate working on a virtual machine). Here are some of the extra steps needed to get the course working on a Mac, I am using snow leopard.
- Download and install python 2.7 form the python website
- You will need to install oath2-1.5.211 in order to access the twitter stream. Download here
- Install the new library by navigating to the directory of the file "setup.py" inside the oarth2 folder in the command line and typing: sudo python setup.py install (enter your password when prompted)
- I received an error at this point complaining about not being able to locate the setuptools package. If you also see this error, use the following steps to rectify:
- Search for and download setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg
- In the command line run
- Once the setuptools has been installed, try the installation of the oath2-1.5.211
- Follow the rest of the directions as outlined on the course website.
Hope this helps anyone who had trouble!